Saturday 12 November 2011

New Lows for TV Commercials

I came across these videos on another feminist blog and became appalled. I thought that while by no means perfect our advertising was improving. I guess I was very mistaken. Apparently we are telling women directly they cannot drink Dr. Pepper because it is much a manly drink, and telling young girls that playing with cars and blocks is wrong, let alone her dressing in green. Oh my goodness, the world is going to end because that young girl is dressing in ‘boy’ colours… NOT!!!
            These advertisements are not even have hidden messages, they are overt and in your face. I truly do not understand why we feel advertising companies feel they have any right to make these commercials. People have the right to be themselves, whether that is pink and frilly or green and camouflage. People have the right to drink what they want or what they do not want to, that is their choice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment