Monday 7 November 2011

"I Am Naked... So What?!"

I have been researching music with feminist messages for a project in one of my Women’s Studies Classes and came across this song/video by Stereo Total entitled “I Am Naked” on Happy Bodies Blog. I have to say I fell in love with this song! It is not very often that you seen anything in pop culture embracing the naked body in an unsexualized manner. The women and men in this video are just happy to be naked. They are proud of their bodies, how their mother made them. They are dancing around and celebrating their naked bodies.
            One thing I would have enjoyed seeing in this video is people of different sizes, shapes and ethnicities. Any body is beauty, not just Caucasian “athletic” body. I do feel Stereo total has the right idea and it really makes me want to dance around naked right now. J

English Version

The Orignal Version

No comments:

Post a Comment