Thursday 3 November 2011

Disney Pictures Presents... The Menstrual Cycle?


 I never thought I would see the day when I heard the word vagina in a disney pictures production, but they say it... several times. I was actually fairly suprised when I came across this video. I was expecting to watch ten minutes of menstruation myths, but instead they actually presented just the basic facts. While the social stigma around female cycles is still evident within this film, I found it suprising the radicalness that they were actually presenting menstruation to young women in a scientific manner. While the thought of Disney telling me about the inner workings of my reproductive system kinda creeped me out, I do believe that for the time when this was made they did a good. Disney please say vagina more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment