Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy You Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Single Awareness Day!
Happy Consumeristic Holiday!
Happy Anti-Independence Day!

Whatever you call today: Happy Day!

For my Valentines is a day of mixed emotions, while I love the idea of celebrating the love that exists between people, Valentines is such an overally consumeritic holiday that I feel it losses sight of what it actually about. It is not about the chocolates or the flowers, or the ooh so sexy lingerie. It is about saying to someone hey I care about you a fucking lot!

But what gets me is why can’t we do that everyday! Why can’t we everyday turn to the people close to us and say you mean a lot to me and I want you to know, just because. Why do we need a specific day to celebrate love? Can’t love be an everyday thing?

In addition, why does it have to be romantic love we celebrate? Why can’t we celebrate friendship, family, fuck just celebrate being you.
Whether it is you as a friend, you as a son/daughter, whomever you may be: take today and celebrate you. Who says you need to be in a relationship to celebrate Valentines Day. I surely don't, instead celebrate everything and anything that is important to you. 

So to everyone out there I wish you a Happy You Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment