Sunday 26 February 2012

An 'undarned' relationship

Relationships are hard. They are like pair of bad socks. They are stinky and sweaty. They keep you on your feet and can cause you a lot of pain. But at the same time they can teach you some good life lessons, like get a better pair of socks!
            Recently I hooked with my ex. He is a super guy (or I thought he was) and we just ended things because we come from different worlds, I am a city girl, he’s a country boy, and were ultimately at different places in our lives at that time. When we got back together he, held me like it never held me before. He made me feel so secure, like all my troubles were about to melt away. He looked me in the eyes and told me there was no body else, that he wanted to give us another shot.
            Needless to say, he wasn’t speaking the truth. The next day when searching a social networking site I find out he has a girlfriend. Furthermore the day before he updates his status to read: “It’s one thing to say she is the one, it’s another to know she is the one”. We were not even talking at that point. Our communication was a fluke happenstance!
            I know this isn’t the case with every relationship I will ever be in but right now I am feeling really upset that he lied straight to my face. Even worse I feel immensely guilty for being the other woman and assisting him in his cheating on her!! If I had known that she existed I WOULD NOT have done anything! But at the same time I asked him point blank and he told me there was no one else. I feel so played.
            I just don’t understand why relationships have to be so messy and painful. Why do they have to be like those undarned socks, painful, messy when your blisters pop and hurt like nobody’s business! But I did learn something for sure, won't be going back to that relationship any time soon. I am pretty sure this one pair of socks that cannot be darned!

No comments:

Post a Comment